Thursday 10 June 2010

Doctor Who Cakey Goodness!

Just a brief post today as I'm busy attempting to bake a Mad Hatter cake (also known as a Topsy Turvy cake) for this weekend's party. Expect lots of Alice in Wonderland party posts in the next few weeks!

I’ve been looking around a lot at cakes recently as my son’s birthday is coming up and he’s been asking for a Doctor Who cake. I’m leaning towards doing a Tardis cake since I found out Dr Oetker’s ready coloured icing packs now come with blue in the box (I tried colouring my own blue icing for his first birthday when I did a Pocoyo cake - never again!).

I’ve found some really fabulous cakes on the ‘net, which I’ll share here for other cake baking parents with Doctor Who mad sons!

fandomania.com/fandomestic-10-brilliant-doctor-who-themed-cakes

I love number 2 on the list. It’s similar to what I have in mind for my son, except I don’t think mine will turn out this amazing!

But the best ones I’ve found were featured on the Sunday Sweets section of Cake Wrecks:

cakewrecks.blogspot.com/2009/08/sunday-sweets-doctor-who.html

Check out the last featured cake where the baker actually decorated the inside of the Tardis too, with mirrors and LEDs. That’s not a cake, that’s a work of art.